Can you fully control your iOS phone from a Windows PC over USB like you can with Android?

Andy Burnelli

Apr 16, 2022, 6:53:17 PM4/16/22
Can you fully control your iOS device from a Windows PC over USB
(like you can with Android) using only a simple FOSS executable?
<https://i.postimg.cc/N0G1TXcZ/scrcpy01.jpg>

That is, can you control all the software on the iOS device using
the Windows keyboard and mouse and the iOS device GUI simultaneously?

If you can mirror the iOS device on the Windows PC, then how?
--
The goal for intelligent people is _they_ control what the device does.

Hank Rogers

Apr 16, 2022, 10:41:35 PM4/16/22
Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Can you fully control your iOS device from a Windows PC over USB
> (like you can with Android) using only a simple FOSS executable?
> <https://i.postimg.cc/N0G1TXcZ/scrcpy01.jpg>
>
> That is, can you control all the software on the iOS device using
> the Windows keyboard and mouse and the iOS device GUI simultaneously?
>
> If you can mirror the iOS device on the Windows PC, then how?

Yes.

But first, can you stand on your hands and fart your socks off,
without shitting on your ceiling?

Your Name

Apr 16, 2022, 11:20:15 PM4/16/22
And that's just to get Windoze working ... or what passes at Microsloth
as "working".

Andy Burnelli

Apr 17, 2022, 6:42:16 PM4/17/22
Your Name wrote:

>> But first, can you stand on your hands and fart your socks off, without
>> shitting on your ceiling?
>
> And that's just to get Windoze working ... or what passes at Microsloth
> as "working".

It's a valid question that doesn't require those kindergarten responses.

A similar question was asked on the _adult_ OS newsgroups which garnered
adult responses, so I'm not sure why only here does it garner what it did.

Nonetheless... the question remains valid for _adults_ to respond to here.

*How do you mirror your iPhone on your Windows 10/11 computer?*

Andy Burnelli

Apr 18, 2022, 12:54:56 PM4/18/22
sms wrote:

> I don't know what he's trying to take a screenshot of, but there are
> legitimate reasons to take screenshots even when you get the message
> "Can't take screenshot due to security policy."

Steve brings up good added value below on why he'd want a screenshot.
But can anyone here think of a single "illegal" snapping of a screenshot?

Assuming whatever itself is on your phone screen is, in and of itself, not
illegal in the USA, then I can't fathom a single "illegitimate" use of
simply saving what's _already_ legally on your phone.

Can you?

> I ran into this with the Android app from my health care provider.

Certainly there are developers who would rather you didn't screenshot what
they already presented on your screen, e.g., someone could send you a
snapchat image that "they" expect you to not be able to screenshot; but
nobody who knows anything about computers is ever under the illusion that
once the image is on your device, you can capture it exactly as it displays.

> I wanted to take a screen shot of my membership card so I could store it
> in Google Pay instead of having to open the provider's app to get to it.

Yup. This is a perfect use of it since the image itself that you want to
save a screenshot of isn't in and of itself an illegal image in the USA.

> The Android phone displayed a message "Can't take a screenshot due to
> the security policy." I opened the provider's iPhone app and there was
> no restriction, so I took the screenshot and emailed it to myself.

That's interesting because it implies the app maker did not set the security
policy on the iPhone but they set it on Android. I wonder if there's a
restriction on Apple's part or if that was just a developer choice.

As an aside, there are _other_ security policies which can be set, outside
the app, at least in Android; but I think we're dealing here with in-app
security policies. (Either way, once it's on your screen, you can save it.)

> Either the iOS app developer forgot to put the same restriction on
> screenshots into the iPhone app, or the iOS lacks that feature; Googling
> it, I found "How do I restrict a screenshot on IOS? In fact, there is no
> such way to prevent screenshot in iOS,"
> <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18680028/prevent-screen-capture-in-an-ios-app>.

Oh. Wow. That's interesting. Very interesting. Thanks for adding that value.
*iOS* in-app method to restrict screenshots:
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18680028/prevent-screen-capture-in-an-ios-app>
*Android* in-app method to restrict screenshots:
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6764568/prevent-screen-capture-in-android-apps>

> So the way to bypass this security feature on Android is to use an
> iPhone or iPad to take the screenshot, then send the screenshot to yourself.

You could mirror the iPhone & Android on the Windows PC at the same time.

Also, with WebDAV, you can mount the entire Android phone as a Windows drive
and then save a screenshot _directly_ to the Android phone's file system.

Hence, one obvious use model (with no intermediate step) could be:
a. Snap the screenshot from Windows of the iOS device's screen
b. Save _directly_ that screenshot from Windows to the Android file system

I opened a thread on the iPhone newsgroup yesterday on how to mirror the
iPhone/iPad on Windows; but true to the unique child-like overall nature of
most Apple newsgroups, only kindergarten responses resulted to date.
*How can you mirror your iPhone/iPad onto a Windows desktop monitor?*
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/6Oc1eLcB7uM>

BTW, to add further value to Steve's point on sometimes needing screenshot,
on Android, the apps I used actually _saved_ a temporary cache of their
images, so the screenshotting isn't necessary (if you know where to look).

For example, I ran a Windows search to find the cached images located here:
This PC\Galaxy A32 5G\Phone\Pictures\PhotoRoom
This PC\Galaxy A32 5G\Phone\Pictures\PhotoLab
This PC\Galaxy A32 5G\Phone\Pictures\ToonApp
This PC\Galaxy A32 5G\Phone\Pictures\Voila
This PC\Galaxy A32 5G\Phone\Pictures\Pulse
etc.

For someone wishing to follow in our footsteps, these tidbits may help.

A useful tidbit is that you can set a "Developer option" in Android settings
to keep the phone awake when you're on USB but that doesn't exist for Wi-Fi
(AFAIK); yet, when on Wi-Fi you can wake a sleeping phone with a _right_
mouse click.

Also, there are "touchscreen" differences where my PC monitor isn't a touch
screen, where swiping up with a mouse seems easier than swiping down.

More troublesome, I haven't figured out yet how to do a "pinch" of two
fingers using just the mouse; if you know a trick for that, let me know!

(I wonder how it works with touchscreen monitor - which I don't have?)

As for the screenshots on Windows, what works well is the Irfanview freeware
"Capture" command which will snap any area of the PC screen or the
foreground window client area - which has a lot of options, one of which is
to name the result using an orderly timestamped naming convention, e.g.,
capture_$U(%d%m%Y_%H%M%S)_###

If you also mounted your entire Android phones as a Windows drive letter,
then the screenshot can immediately be sent via your default SMS/MMS app.

While I tested probably a score of apps, I noticed something peculiar last
night, which is that a server went down (saying it was overloaded), and yet,
_multiple_ apps (presumably from different outfits!) also went down for that
same half hour time period. From that, and other GUI & choice similarities,
I suspect many of them are from the same outfit and/or they're using the
same underlying engine.

Hence, I wouldn't recommend more than two or three overall since the
similarities are there (even the ads are the same).

The three most-oft used apps I've been settling on using are:

*ToonMe* cartoons from photos, by Linerock Investments LTD
Free, with ads, rated 4.4, 50M+ installs, requires GSF
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vicman.toonmeapp>

*PhotoRoom* Studio Photo Editor, by Artizans of Photo Video BG Editor App
Free, with ads, rated 4.7, 10M+ installs, requires GSF
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.photoroom.app>

*Voila* AI Artist Cartoon Photo, by Wemagine.AI
Free, with ads, rated 4.6, 10M+ installs, requires GSF
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wemagineai.voila>

Note the first two allow native screenshots, but the latter does not.

On Windows, these operations seem to be most useful, although the three
tools used are extremely powerful, especially in batch configurations.
1. adb & scrcpy <https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy>
2. Irfanview <https://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm>

To mirror Android on Windows over USB:
C:\> adb devices
C:\> scrcpy

To mirror Android on Windows over Wi-Fi:
C:\> adb connect 192.168.0.2:5555
C:\> scrcpy
Where the "192.168.0.2" is the IP address of your phone on your LAN.

To take a movie of the entire session:
C:\>
C:\> scrcpy --record file.mp4

To perfectly screenshot just the phone window on demand in Windows:
C:\> Irfanview
Irfanview:Options/Capture Screenshot > (o)Foreground window - Client area
File name: capture_$U(%Y%m%d_%H%M%S)_###
(Or you can automatically capture every half second or whatever)

I've only used this for a couple of hours, so more learning will happen.
As always, if you can add technical value to this, all would benefit.
--
Usenet is a team where every player tries to move the ball forward.
The great thing about Usenet is people work together to help everyone learn.

Andy Burnelli

Apr 18, 2022, 1:26:16 PM4/18/22
sms wrote:

>> Of course this is an Android security hole, allowing mirroring to the
>> computer of a protected screen.
>
> LOL, you mean compared with iOS having no restrictions on screen shots?!

I find it interesting that people like Carlos whose brains can't handle even
the slightest bit of complexity, think that an image (that in and of itself
is legal) which is then legally presented to you on your screen can't
legally be saved under the circumstances presented to date in this thread.

Besides, whether or not the sender "expects" you to not save the image or
video, there isn't anyone intelligent who hasn't known since the dawn of
computers that you can save any image that is presented to you on your
screen.

What I want to learn is how the strange minds of people like Carlos works
such that they "think" the way they do (much like how the Dunning Kruger
lemon-juice bank robber though that disappearing ink would hide his face
from the cameras).

These strange people like Carlos (and Alan Baker, Snit, Chris, Joerg,
nospam, Lewis, Jolly Roger, Alan Browne, et. al) interest me because I've
never met people in the flesh that incredibly stupid in my entire life.

> I've had the screenshot issue in "The Document"
> <https://tinyurl.com/iOS-Android-Features> for a while. It's one issue
> that you can see as a pro or a con for either platform.

One thing not in that document yet is the mirroring capability.

Android can be mirrored easily over USB & Wi-Fi on Windows for free.
All you need is a single zip file from GitHub to mirror Android on Windows.
<https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy>

I still haven't gotten an answer whether you can mirror iOS as easily
though, as the iOS thread asking this question instantly devolved into
kindergarten jokes (which is all the iOS groups seem to be able to do).
*How can you mirror your iPhone/iPad onto a Windows desktop monitor?*
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/6Oc1eLcB7uM>

> 29i on page 7: "Screenshots are not restricted."
> 114a on page 48: "Screenshots are restricted."

This information in your document is useful for the many of us who use both
Android and iOS devices every day, which both Steve and I do.

> Google has become very strict about Android security, to the point of it
> being annoying when you're trying to do perfectly legitimate things, but
> it's up to the app developer whether or not to use the functionality
> that Google has enabled.

Bear in mind that security by obscurity only works on dumb people.
The one example is that you can screenshot _anything_ on Android. Period.

However, another example is a Windows search of my Android phone mounted
onto my Windows PC showed _where_ the temporary cache was of the images!
This PC\Galaxy A32 5G\Phone\Pictures\PhotoRoom\<strange long name>
This PC\Galaxy A32 5G\Phone\Pictures\PhotoLab\<strange long name>
This PC\Galaxy A32 5G\Phone\Pictures\ToonApp\<strange long name>
This PC\Galaxy A32 5G\Phone\Pictures\Voila\<strange long name>
This PC\Galaxy A32 5G\Phone\Pictures\Pulse\<strange long name>
etc.

When I opened the <strange long name> on Windows with my Android phone
mounted onto Windows, Irfanview renamed the <strange long name> to an
animated GIF in many instances (which is even better than a screenshot!).

So I never really needed to learn how to screenshot for my original goal!
(Yet, learning how easy mirroring was has its own advantages over time.)

> The one time I ran into the screenshot issue I
> was not trying to screenshot and save any copyrighted material. My
> workaround was to use my iPhone for the screenshot.

Steve - do you have _any_ inkling what the fair use doctrine says in
copyright law? (HINT: Most people are morons who can't understand the tenets
of fair use which allow up to the _entire_ collection, such as Google Books,
as long as _one_ or more of those fair-use tenets are respected).

Again, most people are morons who can't comprehend even these legal basics.
But given you're an EE, if you put your mind to it, you can understand it.
<https://duckduckgo.com/?q=tenets+fair+use+doctrine+copyright+law+usa>

For example, if anyone mentions copyright law again with respect to
screenshot'ing what is _already_ legally on your phone, I point them to...
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use>
<https://ogc.harvard.edu/pages/copyright-and-fair-use>
<https://guides.mtholyoke.edu/copyright/fair-use>
<https://www.copyright.gov/fair-use/more-info.html>
<https://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/fair-use/what-is-fair-use/>
<https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/fair-use-rule-copyright-material-30100.html>
<https://district.maricopa.edu/legal/student-faculty-resources/ip/guidelines/fair-use>
etc.

All of which I've read and understood (unlike the morons like Carlos here).

> 34 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had
> 156 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish
> they Had
>
> <https://tinyurl.com/iOS-Android-Features>
>
> 66 Pages of Extensively Referenced Information with Hundreds of
> Citations
>
> 100% Fact Checked

You need to add screen mirroring on windows using simple freeware commands.
--
Having been on Usenet for decades, it's my assessment fewer than 1/2 of
1/10th of 1 percent of the people who post are purposefully helpful.

Nil

Apr 19, 2022, 2:57:02 AM4/19/22
On 16 Apr 2022, Andy Burnelli <sp...@nospam.com> wrote in
misc.phone.mobile.iphone:

> If you can mirror the iOS device on the Windows PC, then how?

https://www.lonelyscreen.com/download.html
Warning. Requires Bonjour.

For more money.
https://www.mirroring360.com/
https://www.airserver.com/buy
https://www.airsquirrels.com/reflector

Andy Burnelli

Apr 19, 2022, 11:53:50 PM4/19/22
On 4/19/2022 5:51 AM, NY wrote:

<snip>

> If the solution is "actually quite simple" then why the F won't you just
> tell people the answer instead of sitting there smugly saying "I know
> the answer - but I'm not going to tell you".

Notice the "FOSS" qualifier in "Andy Burnelli's" request.

There are non-FOSS solutions that are not very expensive, i.e.
Mirroring360 which is $11.99 per receiving computer. That sounds cheap
until you realize that you probably are going to want to mirror your
screen to multiple computers and that you might not even have the
ability to install this software on the computer that you want to mirror to.

Personally I have not seen a FOSS solution to mirror an iPhone screen to
a Windows PC, and I've looked for one in the past. There are free trials
of some of the paid solutions. It hasn't been issue for me since I have
an Android phone that I can use when I need to do this.

There's an article about this issue here:
<https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/mirror-your-iphone-screen-on-a-computer>.

I also have this in "The Document"
<https://tinyurl.com/iOS-Android-Features> as #157a on page 66.

157a. Screen mirroring to Windows PCs. You can mirror your Android
phone’s screen to your Windows PC, for free, using Microsoft's Phone
Link App (see
<https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/your-phone/9nmpj99vjbwv>). For the
iPhone and iPad, it’s possible to do screen mirroring to a Windows PC
but it isn’t free, i.e. Mirroring360 which is $11.99 per receiving
computer. There's an article about this here:
<https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/mirror-your-iphone-screen-on-a-computer>.
There are free trials of some of the paid solutions. ✓

But if there's a FOSS solution for mirroring the iPhone and/or iPad to a
Windows PC, that nospam knows about, I'd of course include it. It's
typical behavior of nospam to insist that he knows an answer to
someone's question but to play these kinds of games.

Andy Burnelli

Apr 20, 2022, 12:33:32 AM4/20/22
Andy Burnelli wrote:

> But if there's a FOSS solution for mirroring the iPhone and/or iPad to a
> Windows PC, that nospam knows about, I'd of course include it. It's
> typical behavior of nospam to insist that he knows an answer to
> someone's question but to play these kinds of games.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for taking a stab at answering what is in effect a difficult question
to answer (where I asked the same question on the Android & Windows
newsgroups and the responses on both were adult, as opposed to what they are
here on the child-like Apple OS newsgroups).

I already wrote the tutorial for using FOSS software to mirror Android on
Windows and I was just trying to add the same FOSS solution for iOS mirrors.

For Android, it's so simple that it's clever, in that it's a single command:
Mirror Android on Windows on USB: C:\> scrcpy
Mirror Android on Windows on LAN: C:\> scrcpy --tcpip=192.168.0.2:5555

It's sooooo simple that it's ingenious and it's all FOSS software so the
amount of added functionality in the options will blow your mind away (it's
similar to that of ffmpeg, irfanview, youtubedl, wget, etc. in terms of
they've thought of every freakin' option you'd ever want to do already!).

Now all I want to do is add an iOS mirroring onto Windows section to the
nascent tutorial, where I just _love_ how easy it is on Android and I was
hoping it would be as easy to do for iOS so that everyone would benefit.

Rest assured I researched before I posted where I was hoping to find someone
(anyone) on the iOS newsgroups who knew more than I did - but so far, nobody
can find a FOSS solution where the best solution, so far anyway, is the
trialware.

https://www.lonelyscreen.com ($15/year but can be used as trialware nagware)
https://www.mirroring360.com ($12 per mirrored computer)
https://www.airserver.com ($20 per license)
https://www.airsquirrels.com ($20 reflector + $18 airparrot or $34 bundle)

While nospam pretends to have a better solution, I, like you, doubt he does.
But we'll see as all I want is a FOSS solution for iOS screen mirroring.

It's something _everyone_ could benefit from, don't you think?

To that goal, if someone on this newsgroup knows more than I do about
FOSS screen mirroring of iOS onto Windows, please let us know what you know.
--
There are two types of people on Usenet, only one of which is helpful.

Andy Burnelli

Apr 21, 2022, 12:37:55 AM4/21/22
Andy Burnelli wrote:

> https://www.lonelyscreen.com ($15/year but can be used as trialware nagware)
> https://www.mirroring360.com ($12 per mirrored computer)
> https://www.airserver.com ($20 per license)
> https://www.airsquirrels.com ($20 reflector + $18 airparrot or $34 bundle)

There's also a free product called "LetsView" which can screenshot.
<https://download.apowersoft.info/letsview-setup.exe>
Name: letsview-setup.exe
Size: 1920928 bytes (1875 KiB)
CRC32: 0807EF91
CRC64: 6060C702AFBBC88F
SHA256: D1EAFEB10517D36FFF08F19572EF71421DD742AE1AD22D8A0D711C9766D99FB3
SHA1: 37F96FF44156C170D86EE59B52664152531E16A5
BLAKE2sp: 7FD8F6C9D3FBBFD3C7EBDF7C5AE9613BD6358315ABB3C293D124A13072BC5115

But it doesn't allow you to control the phone from the PC.
<https://letsview.com/windows> (apowersoft)
Mirrors two PC screens or android or iOS on Windows
but it doesn't control the device. It's just a dumb cast over Wi-Fi.
It supports AirPlay and Miracast to wirelessly stream Android
and iPhone screens to PC with audio.
<https://letsview.com/faqs/faq>

Despite the always imaginary functionality that nospam claims for iOS,
nobody yet has found a FOSS equivalent to scrcpy for iOS on Windows.

An interesting question is _why_ do the iKooks always _fabricate_ imaginary
functionality, like a kid who tells the class "My dad is superman"?

I suspect the reason is simple.

All the iKooks _hate_ that the functionality for Apple products pales in
comparison to that of Android & Windows...

But if these child-like low-IQ ill-educated iKooks can come up with the
imaginary functionality that they brazenly claims exists, I'll test it out.

Andy Burnelli

Apr 24, 2022, 12:57:42 AM4/24/22
In stark contrast to those disgusting responses on the child-like Apple
newsgroups to any question about basic functionality on iOS, here are two
related threads asked of the same questions on the _adult_ OS newsgroups:
<http://groups.google.com/g/alt.msdos.bat>
<http://groups.google.com/g/alt.comp.microsoft.windows>

Specifically note the _adult_ responses in these two threads on this topic:
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.msdos.batch/c/DmexCLwn_tM>
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.comp.microsoft.windows/c/eMYBmpq2H50>

And, as a result of purposefully helpful _intelligent_ people being on those
adult OS newsgroups, note the fantastic success we've accomplished together.
<https://i.postimg.cc/N0G1TXcZ/scrcpy01.jpg> Mirror Android on any PC
<https://i.postimg.cc/tTmdgKTB/scrcpy02.jpg> An efficient program setup
<https://i.postimg.cc/Vvrq0K0m/scrcpy03.jpg> The efficient setup explained
<https://i.postimg.cc/Y00vx4yp/scrcpy04.jpg> Extraneous cmd window (&)
<https://i.postimg.cc/wvsbcNBz/scrcpy05.jpg> Drag APK from Windows
<https://i.postimg.cc/Sx1hgWmY/scrcpy06.jpg> Press two hardware buttons
<https://i.postimg.cc/hjkVFyqJ/scrcpy07.jpg> Android mnt as drive letter
<https://i.postimg.cc/nV6K0Cfn/scrcpy08.jpg> CMD test of showwin.bat
<https://i.postimg.cc/66Gn2t2g/scrcpy09.jpg> REG test of showwin.bat
<https://i.postimg.cc/fyWw2nXh/scrcpy10.jpg> The console came up :(
<https://i.postimg.cc/7LWJhWxq/scrcpy11.jpg> Shortcut test of showwin.lnk
<https://i.postimg.cc/yYKNnHxD/scrcpy12.jpg> REG test of showwin.lnk
<https://i.postimg.cc/CxXH6N2r/scrcpy13.jpg> No scrcpy console window!
<https://i.postimg.cc/XqZsmVFM/scrcpy14.jpg> AppPath & shortcut TARGET
<https://i.postimg.cc/g2yNftw0/scrcpy15.jpg> Trick to pin batch shortcut
<https://i.postimg.cc/5NrK7jtg/scrcpy16.jpg> powershell hide-console trick
<https://i.postimg.cc/bvRXdbxg/scrcpy17.jpg> AutoIT & IFFT & Automate
<https://i.postimg.cc/Y93b1z0n/scrcpy18.jpg> APKs at FOSS Google Play Store

The question remains whether similar free functionality is available on iOS?
--
Usenet is where friendly people daily gather to discuss topics of interest.

Andy Burnelli

Apr 27, 2022, 7:06:38 AM4/27/22
Andy Burnelli wrote:

> The question remains whether similar free functionality is available on iOS?

Vysor "can" connect both Android & iOS devices to Windows, Mac, Linux PCs.

I tested another "free" solution to control iOS mirroring on Windows which
has a convenient but only potential advantage that the same desktop works
for both iOS & Android on all common consumer desktop platforms.
<https://i.postimg.cc/fTy57WSY/vysor25.jpg> Vysor Android/iOS Win mirror

That advantage of Vysor is that it works with everything you've got; but the
disadvantage is that it requires classic Apple clusterfuckware, which sucks.
<https://i.postimg.cc/J7cSYhhg/vysor20.jpg> Classic Apple error 2502

However, another potential useful advantage of Vysor is that it works
remotely across the net - which is a boon to helping iOS users from afar.
<https://i.postimg.cc/ydJYXZKw/vysor06.jpg> Remote mirror over the Internet
<https://i.postimg.cc/d0V03fxQ/vysor05.jpg> Vysor mirrors over the Internet

It worked flawlessly with Android - which worked perfectly out of the box.
<https://i.postimg.cc/sg6r6gTy/vysor12.jpg> Vysor easily finds Android only

But the documentation explains Apple software on Windows is clusterfuckware,
where, in my situation, the Apple Mobile Device Driver Support errored out.
<https://i.postimg.cc/2S2zsw8s/vysor09.jpg> Classic Apple Error code 2503

Even as my iPad connects _without_ Apple clusterfuckware just fine on Win10.
<https://i.postimg.cc/V6X28fWJ/vysor18.jpg> Apple Mobile Device Support
<https://i.postimg.cc/yxP5DL5B/vysor19.jpg> Classic Apple error 2503
<https://i.postimg.cc/J7cSYhhg/vysor20.jpg> Classic Apple error 2502
<https://i.postimg.cc/QdVPMkqG/vysor21.jpg> Apple iPad on Win10 over USB
<https://i.postimg.cc/Kz7pW9mL/vysor22.jpg> Apple Win10 iOS drivers suck
<https://i.postimg.cc/tCvS8nGr/vysor23.jpg> iPad is connected to Win10
<https://i.postimg.cc/3wmtyL46/vysor24.jpg> Apple Device working properly

Nonetheless, since the iKooks know absolutely nothing about this product, it
behooves me to again helpfully inform those on the iOS newsgroups it exists.
<https://www.vysor.io/> "A window to your Phone"
"Vysor puts your iOS or Android on your desktop.
Use apps, play games, control your iOS or Android.
A desktop or web app, compatible with all operating systems.
Use your Keyboard. Point, click, scroll. Your mouse works too.
Share your device, across the office, or across the globe.
Screen and ADB access to remote devices. Simple as sending a link."

Vysor apparently works with all phones and all desktops:
<https://youtu.be/qAHTini67GA>
Name: Vysor-win-4.1.77.exe
Size: 115651304 bytes (110 MiB)
SHA256: 0984A30C0BC1A76376D675C92CEC47725E16A9A6A5816A39FB8C7124BCA50DC7

The free version can do these two things which we've been discussing:
a. Mirror and Control iOS/Android
b. Screenshots

Their payware version has more functionality (which we had in scrcpy):
<https://www.vysor.io/#pricing>
High Quality Mirroring
Fullscreen Mode
Go Wireless
Vysor Share
Drag and Drop Files

Here is a tutorial to get you set up faster:
*How to connect your Network Radio to PC/MAC with remote access*
<https://www.nr515.be/manuals/connecting-your-network-radio-to-your-pc-mac/>

That suggests these Universal Windows Drivers for Android Debug Bridge:
<https://adb.clockworkmod.com/>
Name: UniversalAdbDriverSetup.msi
Size: 17060864 bytes (16 MiB)
SHA256: 4E77E303BBA6CF84588BDB6DA91F7A875D406F7930CBE9F4D2AAE0B643C0C928

Or, if you're on a Mac:
<https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/>
<https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-darwin.zip>

The iOS device requires a lot more crap though:
Visor, Mirror and Control your iPhone, by Vysor, Inc.
<https://apps.apple.com/us/app/vysor/id1577813680>
"Mirror and Control your iPhone"
"Vysor lets you view and control your iOS on your computer.
Use apps, play games, control your iOS with your mouse and keyboard."

AppleMobileDeviceSupport
<https://github.com/koush/AppleMobileDeviceSupport/releases/latest>
Name: AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi
Size: 39915520 bytes (38 MiB)
SHA256: E9C07621AB1C34B29C0674FC74DE9B25909AB05513A02662861E86EB8A4E7677
Name: AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi
Size: 24141824 bytes (23 MiB)
SHA256: C9481DAAD16AE2A5927C39D9B34B86E19E7DD018F320459F4419DA6DD90539B4

Vysor Dongle (for bluetooth control)
<https://github.com/koush/vysor.io/wiki/Vysor-Dongle>
"Due to limitations in Windows bluetooth, Vysor needs an off the shelf USB
dongle to control iOS devices. The Vysor Dongle can also be used on Mac
and Linux for improved bluetooth performance, but it is not required."
--
See also why most Apple software on Windows is known as clusterfuckware...
Apple mobile device support won't install on Windows